Importing Internet Explorer Bookmarks, Favorites and Settings to Firefox
Importing bookmarks from another computer or other web browser into Firefox is easy. With just a few clicks, your bookmarks will be saved into your Mozilla Firefox browser.
- Open up a Firefox window.
- Click on the "Bookmarks" menu and select "Manage Bookmarks." If you are using Firefox 3.6.2, then you need to click on "Organize Bookmarks..."
- In the window that pops up click on the "File" menu and select "Import." In case of Firefox 3.6.2, click on "Import and Backup" just above the list. Then click on the "Import HTML" option from the drop-down list. A new window comes up.
- Select the "Microsoft Internet Explorer" option if you are importing favorites from Internet Explorer on the same computer. Then click next. If you are importing from a file of saved bookmarks or favorites choose "From File" and click next.
- Select the file in the open window that pops up and then click "Open" if you are importing from a file. Firefox will do the rest for you. If importing from Internet Explorer, just click "Finished" when it's done.
- Click on the "File" menu and select "Import".
- In the window that pops up select "Microsoft Internet Explorer" option. Then click next.
- Choose the items that you want to import. Then click next.
- Just click "Finished" when it's done.