The close tab buttons on each tab in Firefox are really annoying. When you have a lot of tabs open, it becomes very difficult to click on the tab without accidentally clicking the close button instead.It’s a good thing that Firefox is customizable, because we can easily turn them off, or even revert back to the Firefox behavior of having a single close tab button on the right of the tab bar.
Steps to follow
- Open about:config in the address bar.
- Then filter by browser.tabs.closebuttons
- The possible values are these:
· 2- No close tab buttons anywhere (You’ll have to use middle click or Ctrl+W)
· 3-Move the close tab button to the right of the tab bar